Our OER program is currently housed and managed by the Center for Teaching Excellence at LCC.
We would love to receive feedback from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
OER Award Program
In order to increase OER course adoptions and encourage teaching faculty exploration and innovation in finding new, better, and less costly ways to deliver quality learning materials to students, the College is providing incentives for teaching faculty to convert courses currently using traditional textbooks to use OER material. In addition to supporting adoption of OER by individual teaching faculty, the award especially encourages scaling of OER adoptions across all course sections in order to impact a significant number of students. It is noteworthy that:
- The incentive awards are over and above compensation for base and overload (when applicable) teaching faculty work assignments. Thus, participating faculty must perform this work outside of all assigned LCC working hours, including those for full-time teaching faculty to perform assigned professional activities and duties.
- To ensure compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) provisions related to curricular issues and participation in governance, all proposed OER adoptions must be presented and processed in a department or program meeting in conformance with Article IX. A. of the LCC-MAHE CBA.
- All awardees must utilize materials associated with awards in teaching assignments for as long as required by Article IX.A. decisions, or one academic year, whichever is longer.
- The initial determination regarding approval of OER Award applications shall be made by the OER Award Program Committee. In the event that an applicant disagrees with a determination not to approve an award or the amount of an approved award, the applicant may submit a written appeal to the Provost and the Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration, detailing the basis for disagreement. The Provost and the Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration shall make the final determination.
- To be eligible for the award, the course must be on at least one degree pathway.
- This award is available to all teaching faculty (adjuncts and full-time) at LCC. Individuals, teams, and departments/programs are encouraged to work together for a unified adoption of OER for each course.
- Teaching faculty may submit multiple applications for multiple courses.